Molnlycke Mesalt Sodium Chloride Impregnated Dressing
Molnlycke Mesalt Sodium Chloride Impregnated Dressing absorbs exudate, bacteria and necrotic material. It creates a hypertonic wound environment which is unfavourable to micro-organisms. The dressing maintains its integrity even when fully saturated.
- Molnlycke Mesalt Sodium Chloride Impregnated Dressing supports bacterial balance
- Natural cleansing action supports healing, even in infected wounds
- Stimulates the wound’s natural cleansing mechanism
- Easy one-step application
- Areas of use:
- Heavily draining and discharging infected wounds in the inflammatory phase
- Deep cavity wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- How Mesalt works:
The exudate from the wound releases the sodium chloride from the dressing. Mesalt stimulates the cleansing of heavily draining and discharging wounds in the inflammatory phase by absorbing exudate, bacteria and necrotic material from the wound, thereby facilitating the natural wound healing process
Mesalt is not to be used on low exuding or dry wounds. The use of Mesalt has been presented in papers and study reports. The data are available from Mölnlycke Health Care on request
There may be an increase in the amount of drainage and the size of the wound during initial treatment with Mesalt due to reduction of edema and removal of wound debris.
No reviews yet