- Do not apply to fetal face, fontanels, or genitalia, or when placenta previa is present or suspected, or in the presence of active herpes lesions, hepatitis C or HIV infection.
- Do not apply when woman is a confirmed carrier of hemophilia and fetus is affected or status is unknown, or when it is not possible to identify fetal presenting part where application is being considered.
- Due to design of the FSE, penetration of fetal epidermis may possibly cause trauma, hemorrhage and/or infection. Thus, the FSE must be used under conditions of aseptic technique.
- Amniotic membranes must be ruptured prior to attachment of the FSE.
- This FSE is intended for fetal monitoring only. Any other use may damage the device and result in difficulty attaching it to a fetus, or adversely affect its ability to aquire and maintain an accurate fetal signal.
- Remove the FSE from patient before performing any electro-surgical procedures.
- Do not pull the Spiral Tip from the fetal skin. Do not pull the FSE wires apart.
- Do not over-rotate Spiral Tip during attachment.
- Reuse may cause degradation of physical or electrical properties.
- Do not reuse on another patient due to risk of cross-infection.