- How Does An Air Bed Work: Unlike traditional mattresses that are made from metal coils and springs, the Alfa Air Bed uses specially designed air chambers and foam layers to provide proper support which can be easily adjusted to your preference for comfort and firmness. The air chambers are designed to adapt to your sleeping position for better support throughout your body. The Alfa Air Bed also allows couples to individually adjust each side of the bed to the precise comfort level each partner prefers.
- Foam Layers: On top, a layer of visco-elastic memory foam conforms completely to your body and spreads out the distribution of your weight evenly. Essentially, pressure is absorbed from your body. Directly underneath this memory foam is a layer of convoluted foam that provides extra support for every inch of your body.
- Air Chambers:Â The air chambers conform to the shape of your body no matter how you sleep. This allows for an evenly distributed amount of pressure exerted against the foam layers, which means that pressure points along your body are greatly reduced. The amount of air in each air chamber can also be adjusted to provide more or less overall pressure, which translates to a softer or firmer mattress according to your preference.
- Air-Chamber and Foam Technology Provides Superior Comfort: The Alfa Air bed uses air-chamber and foam technology. Instead of hard steel coils of a traditional mattress that create high pressure points along your body, an Alfa Air Bed cushions and more properly supports every inch of your body with individual chambers of air. This allows for more even weight distribution and proper spinal alignment. The aches and pains from high pressure points on your body such as your neck, back, hips and legs are eliminated. Research indicates you;ll fall asleep faster, sleep more soundly and awake more refreshed in the morning on an air bed.
- Easily Adjustable Comfort and Firmness: Press a button and you are on your way to more deep, restorative sleep. Our intuitive handheld remote and advanced air pump system allow you to easily and quickly adjust the firmness on your side of the bed. This allows you to create your ideal sleep surface firmness whether you prefer feather soft through extra firm.
- Each Side of the Bed Adjusts Independently: 9 out of 10 couples prefer different sleep surfaces and therefore are not completely comfortable on the same mattress. Rather than settling for a fixed-firmness mattress that is either too soft or too hard, we offer the perfect solution to both partners. For about the same cost as a traditional mattress, the air-chamber technology of an Alfa Air bed lets each of you set the mattress to your exact level of comfort and firmness.
- You Toss and Turn Less: Sleep research shows that an average person tosses and turns up to 60 times each night on a traditional spring mattress because of uncomfortable pressure points. The Alfa Air bed eliminates these pressure points and thus greatly reduces tossing and turning so that the amount of uninterrupted sleep increases. This is particularly noticeable for people who are over the age of 45 or who have shoulder injuries.
- Lasts Longer: Alfa Air beds last longer than traditional spring mattresses. Traditional spring mattresses bed and sag after a few years of use due to repetitive and constant compression of springs in localized areas. Air beds do not have springs that can become permanently compressed. Instead, our air beds use nylon-infused air chambers that maintain shape and integrity over time. The air chambers also reduce the local pressure points by evenly distributing weight throughout the air mattress.Â As a result, the layers of highest quality foam last longer without experiencing permanent compression.
- Reduced Disturbance: The separate air chambers reduce the vibrations and movements transferred from one side of the bed to the other so that when your partner moves or gets out of bed, you will continue to sleep undisturbed.
- Easier to Clean: Have you ever accidentally stained your mattress? The Alfa Air Bed features a zippered design so that the mattress cover can be easily removed and cleaned. You can even machine wash or dry clean the mattress cover.