Dale Hold-n-Place Foley Catheter Holder
Dale Hold-n-Place Foley Catheter Holders feature patented locking systems that securely anchor the catheter in place, reducing the risk of urethral erosion, bladder spasms and trauma. The locking devices speed up application and simplify adjustment. They help minimize patient tampering and facilitates catheter traction. Reduce the incidence of catheter pull through by keeping tubing secured.
- Dale Hold-N-Place Foley Catheter Holder is latex-free and has velcro closure
- Surgical stretch material is gentle on skin, eliminating the risk of irritation and potential infections as a result of skin tears from tape
- Adhesive Patch is made of a skin-friendly adhesive base that can be written on to record patient data, can be used on short term catheterized patients
- Features of Leg Band:
- Made entirely of stretch material, has soft, supple backing for added skin comfort
- Elasticity and 2" width of the leg band distribute compression evenly around the thigh to minimize circumferential pressure
- Can be used with equal effectiveness on all foley catheters including Teflon, silver and silicone coated catheters
- Reduces skin irritation by eliminating roll tape
- Reduces meatal irritation, a casual factor of urinary tract infection
- Quickly and easily applied and removed
- Encourages patient movement
- Application Instructions:
- Position legband high around patient;s thigh with Dale product label pointing to inside of leg. Stretch legband in place and fasten velcro tab. Proper compression has been achieved when two fingers fit snugly under the band.
- Place foley catheter over white stitching of green tab. Leave an ample loop in catheter above legband to avoide bladder traction; or stretch catheter for traction when required.
- With catheter in desired position, insert the narrow, green tab over catheter and through the square opening so that green tabs overlap.
- Lock catheter in position by pulling green tabs in opposite directions. Secure tabs in place. To reposition catheter: raise either green tab, adjust catheter and refasten tab.
- Another method of securement is to locate the Y port of the proximal end of the catheter into the locking device.
No reviews yet